A bleaching process carried out in a Markham dental clinic office is called laser teeth whitening. Due to the use of a laser and bleaching gel, it differs from conventional teeth whitening techniques. A laser is a device that emits a bright light beam. The laser teeth whitening procedure is one of many patients’ fastest teeth whitening options.
What is laser teeth whitening?
A dental procedure in Markham dental clinic called laser teeth whitening can help make your teeth whiter and shiny. It is sometimes referred to as laser tooth bleaching. Your teeth are treated with a bleaching gel during the operation. A laser is then directed at your teeth to heat the gel.
This activates the teeth-whitening properties of the substance and transforms the stain particles there. This turns on its teeth-whitening abilities and changes the stain molecules there. Markham dental clinic uses laser teeth whitening to lessen discolouration and improve the appearance of teeth.
Causes of tooth discolouration.
- Stains on teeth brought on by lifestyle choices:
- Foods and beverages that might produce stains include some starchy foods like pasta or potatoes as well as coffee, tea, colas, and wines.
- Use of tobacco: Using tobacco for smoking or chewing can discolour teeth.
- Discolouration on teeth brought on by poor dental health:
- Poor dental care: Forgetting to clean and floss your teeth can lead to the accumulation of plaque and food stains. Skipping professional regular cleanings by a dentist in Markham can also cause stains to appear.
- Disease: Dental discolouration can be caused by diseases that interfere with the healthy growth of dentin, the more porous “yellower” core beneath the enamel, and dental enamel, the white outer layer of your teeth. Chemotherapy and radiation to the head and neck are two medical procedures that can stain teeth. Some illnesses in expectant women can interfere with your baby’s development of enamel and stain their teeth.
- Medication: It is well known that several medications can stain a child’s growing teeth. Tetracycline and doxycycline, medicines, can have an impact on how enamel forms in kids under the age of eight. Teeth can also become stained by mouthwashes and rinses that include cetylpyridinium chloride and chlorhexidine. Get to know more about pediatric dentistry Markham by checking out our other articles on it.
How does a laser tooth whitening system operate?
Laser teeth whitening is only permitted in dental clinic Markham. Bleaching takes between 30 and 60 minutes. The specific stages may change based on your needs. Here are the steps of standard treatment:
- To assist in keeping your mouth open, your Markham dental clinic dentist may insert a rubber or plastic support inside of it.
- You will thereafter be required to wear safety glasses to safeguard your eyes.
- To further safeguard your gums, they’ll also put a gum barrier. A light-cured resin substance may serve as the barrier.
- Your front teeth are treated with a whitening treatment by the Markham dental clinic dentist.
- Your dentist points a laser at your teeth after a short while.
- The whitening qualities of the bleaching gel are activated when the laser warms it.
- In addition to rinsing the bleaching gel away, the Markham dental clinic dentist will remove the gum barrier.
- Anecdotal evidence suggests that laser tooth whitening is painless. Your teeth may, however, be more sensitive than usual for nearly a day following the operation.
Multiple teeth bleaching can harm the pulp or enamel of the teeth. The deepest layer of a tooth, known as the tooth pulp, includes blood vessels and nerves. It’s essential to refrain from over-whitening your teeth to preserve them. The ideal frequency for you can be explained by a professional Markham dental clinic dentist. The treatment may also be carried out by them while safeguarding your gums and teeth.
How long does teeth whitening last?
Teeth discolouration can be greatly reduced with laser teeth whitening Markham. The chemicals used during this process are often harsher than those used in at-home whitening solutions. Therefore, compared to at-home remedies like daily whitening strips or whitening toothpaste, laser teeth whitening is more efficient and produces effects faster.
The results of the whitening are transient and may disappear within a few months to three years. This is longer than the majority of other remedies, such as whitening toothpaste and strips. Your outcomes and how long they last will be influenced by several factors, such as:
- Your teeth’s initial shade.
- How often you receive treatments.
- Your hygiene habits
- The lasers and bleaching gel applied
- You’ll probably need three or four sessions in total for the greatest effects.
Changing the following behaviours might also help you keep your results:
- Reducing or abstaining from smoking tobacco, especially cigarettes.
- Restricting or avoiding foods and beverages like coffee or red wine that can discolour teeth.
More benefits of professional teeth whitening.
- Produces quicker results than home remedies.
- Effects may last for three years.
- Handled by a qualified expert.
A bright set of teeth can give so much difference to your smile. Get radiating, shining brilliant white teeth by reaching out to Forestbrook Dental Clinic expert dental professionals near you in Markham.