Maintaining oral hygiene in Markham should be part of your life to have healthy teeth, mouth and gums. Oral health is sometimes overlooked, but people regret it later when they already have oral problems. To avoid consequences and keep a healthy smile, here are a few tips on how to keep your mouth and teeth clean.
1. Brush your teeth properly.
Do you know the proper brushing technique? Here are the three simple steps you should follow.
- Gently brush your teeth in a circular motion. Your brush should be at a 45-degree angle to also reach your gumline.
- Do not rush when your brush. Clean your teeth thoroughly for two minutes.
- Ensure that you brush all surfaces of your teeth, including your tongue, as well as the inside and outside surfaces.
2. Do not skip flossing.
In most cases, leftover food or debris may get stuck in the crevices of your teeth. They can cause cavities when not removed. That is why it is important to floss. You should floss as follows.
- Use at least eighteen inches of your dental floss.
- Between your thumbs and index fingers, hold the floss tightly.
- Rub the floss between your teeth in a c-shaped motion.
- You should floss one tooth at a time, sliding the floss in between your gum and tooth.
3. Use a mouthwash.
Brushing and flossing are not enough. You have to ensure that you have added protection from bacteria. You can achieve this by rinsing your mouth with mouthwash. The proper way of doing it is to swish the mouthwash vigorously for thirty seconds. You can do this step at least twice a day.
4. Know when you should visit your dentist.
Do not forget to schedule regular dental cleanings. Ideally, you should undergo this dental procedure every six to twelve months. Not skipping your dental appointments will make sure that your oral health condition is at its best. Additionally, follow your dentist’s recommendations.
The last thing you want to do is neglect your oral health care. Don’t let this happen. Schedule an appointment with your Markham dentist to achieve the optimal oral wellness you deserve.