Individuals who have lost their teeth either by trauma, caries, accidents or due to extractions. They are self-conscious while they smile and talk. They need replacements for their missing teeth. Dental implant procedure Markham is a restorative option for missing teeth.
What are Dental Implants
It is a titanium screw which is fitted in the jawbone by a surgical procedure. A natural tooth has two parts which include crown and root. The implants act as a substitute for the tooth’s root.
Why Should you Approach the Dental Implants?
Implants are used in cases where individuals have missing teeth. They might need support for their fixed bridges or treatment for loose dentures. Implants provide stability to the false teeth or act as a supporting foundation in cases of toothless jaws. Implants are highly versatile and work as the best replacement for natural teeth.
These issues can be easily treated by Markham dentists who apply the dental implants for stability and support. The implants help in chewing, they prevent the bone loss by stimulating and maintaining the jaw bone.
Steps Involved in Dental Implant Procedure :
Following are the steps in the dental implant procedure:
- Clinical examination and followed by treatment planning
- X-rays and Ct scans.
- Assessment of bone level
- The placement of the dental implant in the jaw bone
- Osseo integration phase which includes the integration of implant with the surrounding bone. This period is termed as the healing phase because it takes few months.
- As soon as the implant is firmly secured, the dentist opts for the restoration of dental implants either by crowns, fixed bridge or denture.
Advantages of Dental Implant Treatment:
The benefits of dental implants include:
- Valid for improved speech
- Improves the appearance of an individual
- Enhances the comfort and confidence
- Promotes improved oral hygiene
- Durable and convenient treatment